I LOVE ROTARY

I LOVE ROTARY. I am sure you do too! Together we have to work to make our District bigger and more impactful. We have to grow our membership responsibly and share our love for Rotary with everyone. We don't need more "members". We need more ROTARIANS!

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Penang MAPS - Opinion of Rtn A Joseph Walter - RC Bandar Sg Petani

The Membership Action Plan Seminar for the clubs in Penang and Kedah which was held on  Sunday - 14th Aug 2011 at the 1926 Heritage Hotel in Penang was a day always in my memory. First time I attended and was an eye opener for me. Dr Siva not only kept me awake but drilled the right and relevant message straight into my brain. He made to realize the Membership Development is the lifeblood or the pillar of any clubs. Without members, clubs die. 

His invaluable information made me to love the club more. “Never beg for members” still quakes in my heart. We want Rotarian and not members prick my heart. We need quality Rotarians are his wisdom words that makes me to realize that I am called to serve with Rotarians and not members. I fully agree with him, we never want members but committed Rotarians. As Dr Siva reminded me, we should never, never and never beg for members but with our service, Rotarians must voluntarily join us.

In fact, I was at the edge of leaving the club because of one or two Rotarians. Listening to Dr Siva and PDG Dr Santokh Singh and AG Dr Baskaran made me to stay to make the change. Change is want we need. Change makes us to be different. As the Membership Director at RC of Bandar Sungai Petani, I want to bring Quality Rotarians and not members.

Thank you Dr Siva, you are my superhero now, opps underwear inside please heheheh. I have no regrets at all attending the MAPS. Honestly I attended the MAPS with heavy heart and for the sake of attending. But believe me, Dr Siva turned my perception to be completely different and his message vibrates through my blood veins.

Thank you and Terima Kasih PDG (Potential District Governor) Dr Siva and AG Dr Baskaran for making the difference in me. Please come and visit us at RC Bandar Sungai Petani, Kedah.

No comments:

Post a Comment